Wednesday, January 24, 2007

We've got a date and a venue....now what?

Mark your calendars....
Book your tickets....(wait for the invite....wait for it...)

September 19th - its a Friday. And it's official for those who are in denial and just catching on to the whole 'blog' thing. If its on the blog, its official - right HS?

The start and end times are still up in the air but as party people, ending at 1 am without a bump in price is very attractive. Very attractive.

So, we've booked Carlyle on the Green and we've set a date - now what? Silly question. We've been given homework if you can imagine that: officiant, music, food, attire, etc.

Choosing the officiant should be easy (we hope) since the ceremony will be non-demoninational - I mean, non-denominational. We're spiritual people and have friends or family with ties to Abraham, G-d, and the JC. We've been to baptisms, christenings, bat/bar mitzvahs, baby namings, mixed-faith weddings, Catholic weddings, Jewish weddings and sadly, funerals of each faith where loved ones were revered and honored.

I'm sure I've left something out. Oh wait, I know what I've left out. My 3rd grade science project, entitled "From Noah's Ark To My Dinner Table - The Prevailing Cosmological Paradigm Explaining The Origin And Expansion Of The Universe From Within The Walls Of The Old City", was my first (and obviously last) attempt at explaining the unexplainable. Personally, I think Danny Zuko and Maverick have it right.

Respect in the form of capitalization. We don't discriminate - ya heard.

5 comments:

Foodie in Training said...

You left out finding a band/dj. I like Renegade b/c they have Journey songs on their play list. Don't stop belieeeevin' hold on to the feeeeeeliinnnn'

you had lunch at 10:40? geez

Anonymous said...

what, no rabbi?

Anonymous said...

Me Typing + This Blog = My "Comment"

The groom-to-be said...

funny -this is exactly the response I'd expect from a JD candidate. keep meeting my expectations.

Anonymous said...

what a great place to get married...you guys must have really worked on this 24 hours a day for the past month...it's sept 19...wait a second...what day is that..it's a friday...let me check my calendar...honey...do we have any plans?...whoh...thank god i'm free.i wouldn't want to miss it....hold on a second...will i get an invite????
Yeah...i will.