Sunday, January 28, 2007

More on music..

So, we've just spent a couple hours of the day reviewing 3 CDs that wedding bands have sent us: Renegade, Arcadia and Hot Pursuit. Given the time I'm beginning to devote on watching band CDs, I think I've pretty much accepted the fact that a DJ will not happen. Hear that wallet??

We each bring to the table different wedding band mandates. Coco's only request is that at least one band member be in the vein of Marvin or Aretha - large, black and soulful. Similarly, well almost, I want a sultry and sexy lead singer. One like her or her. Or herrrrr. Purrrrr. (Note to reader: the 3 bands referenced in the first paragraph do not satisfy my mandate.)

That's all I want. I've tried to justify it to her this way: "If a cutie baby-sitter is off limits (when the time comes for one, of course), at least allow me a cutie wedding singer." I'm not sure how its going to play out but I think my chances are pretty good.

2 comments:

Foodie in Training said...

like i said before...i am not passing up a great band with not so good looking people for a crappy band with a piece of ass for a singer..ya heard? and there will be no such thing as a cute babysitter...=)

Anonymous said...

let me get this straight...ugly people-great music or a piece of ass in a crappy band...my call would be a a piece of ass-great sound..go get em. oh, by the way....Coco--you're on the right track.Great concept...add 2 more singers, string and brass..god-what great sound that is.
don't let me forget the cute baby sitter...coco IS the baby sitter. the question still remains...what year is WHEN THE TIME COMES????????????