Friday, January 12, 2007

Loft 11 & The West Side Loft

So, we finally saw her favorite space. It was definitely nice but I seem to have a problem with practically every space we've seen - a logistical problem at that. We were greeted by Micheal Miller. Nice guy. Very engaging and started out by asking the right questions. He also had hair like the Gotti boys; not to their extreme but I'm sure you get my drift. And the shoes he wore just didn't go with the suit he had on. They looked like boots and he reminded me of Herman Munster when he walked around - at least from the shin down. I was thinking about telling him very matter-of-factly but I know Coco would've killed me. I was sold - we couldn't even think about using this space because of his foot apparel.

But seriously - both spaces allowed for good traffic flow considering the "order" - ceremony, cocktails, reception. I want to insert a lil lovin' somewhere in there (no pun intended) but, again, Coco would kill me. Something about not ruining her dress. Imagine that. Does she even plan on wearing it again. As if.

Oh yeah, back to the space. Loft 11 (on the 11th floor) really won't be able to accommodate more than 150 heads and if we even get close to 160 I'd be stoked. The best thing about this space was the slate-floored fountain room. He sold us this space as a 'smoking' room throughout the night which will make Big A and his cigars happy. G and Boogie will gladly partake a puff out there, too. I've ruled the first space out even with this room in mind.

However, the West Side Loft (6th floor) could easily handle a target size of 175. Again, if we can hit this number I'd be stoked. One of the downsides to this space was the size and proximity of the bridal suite. Michael did suggest that if another space of their's on the 7th floor wasn't used that they would gladly offer it as a better bridal suite at no charge. Great suggestion but I would only take the space IF the room came also. I'm not sure what it will cost to reserve the space in itself but this might detract from the space based on budget alone. We'll see.

They had a huge mirror on one of the walls but it definitely would get in the way of photos and whatnot if it were the backdrop of the ceremony. They could always take it down and re-hang it afterwards. What really seemed to eat up the space was the fact that whatever DJ (or band - not sure about that idea BTW) comes in speakers will be needed. I like my music and I like it loud so I can totally imagine square footage going bye-bye. Most of them use speakers on a tripods, right?

I'm picturing a 'squarer' space. Something less long and narrow as this one. Any ideas out there that I might have missed?

No comments: