Friday, April 27, 2007

The "Bee Girl" - The New Me?

Given the state that I find myself in these days, a state, I realize, that I have no one to blame, err, exculpate but myself, a label (read: nickname, alias, insult, slur) is being thrown my way. You see, planning a wedding (or honeymoon) has presented someone with the opportunity to toss a label at me (ep, you label-tosser, you!!).

As The CLE suggests, I've donned the mask, albeit wiser and older, of the "Bee Girl". The "Bee Girl" you ask? Who, pray tell, is that? Surely you know. Come on. Everyone knows the "Bee Girl". The "Bee Girl", circa 1993, was the pivotal character in Blind Melon's "No Rain" video. A happy-go-hippy take on what exactly I am not sure - hence the forthcoming analysis.

Is it because:

-we both have freckles

-we both wear corrective lens (glasses)

-we both like the color yellow

-we both have an affinity for dancing (tap)

-we both can be found wandering the industrial landscape of certain cities (new york)

-we both enjoy the feeling of form-fitting spandex

-we both take pleasure being elevated in worship by our peers

-we both have shed a tear or two attempting to understand the plight of man (and bee)


Perhaps its just because said label-tosser comprehends the joys (and resulting financial freedom) that will eventually present themselves when certain milestones of this project have been completed.

It's strange. The more similarities I dig up the less slanderous and contumelious it sounds. I think a "Thank you" is in order.




No Rain - Lyrics (for those interested)

All I can say is that my life is pretty plain
I like watchin' the puddles gather rain
And all I can do is just pour some tea for two
and speak my point of view
But it's not sane, It's not sane

I just want some one to say to me
I'll always be there when you wake
Ya know I'd like to keep my cheeks dry today
So stay with me and I'll have it made

And I don't understand why I sleep all day
And I start to complain that there's no rain
And all I can do is read a book to stay awake
And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape
escape...escape...escape...
All I can say is that my life is pretty plain
ya don't like my point of view
ya think I'm insane
Its not sane...it's not sane.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The “bee” label was intended as allegory, not insult. Have fun in class; keep us posted on the wedding budget spreadsheet.

e(I am assuming that “contumelious” is a compliment)p

The groom-to-be said...

Cash flows, baby, cash flows. It's all about the present value of future cash flows.