Wednesday, February 21, 2007

2 Down!! - What else is left??

Alright! The wheels of progress keep moving! Err - we've climbed some more steps to our goal.

Against my better judgment, Coco dragged Big A, the maid-of-honor and I (or is it 'me'? Check for yourself) to a band showcase this past Monday night. Against my better judgment because it was on a Monday that felt like a Sunday. Against my better judgment because it was at 8pm. 8pm?!? On a Monday that felt like a Sunday?!? Yeah, I know - I must really love this girl.

Where was I? Oh, right. Renegade. Renegade, who I've reviewed HERE, has always secretly been Coco's favourite. Who am I kidding - it was no secret just my lack of acceptance. David, the lead singer and band co-owner, is definitely a character. He comes across that way on their DVD and even more so at the showcase. They played a variety of genres and appeased Coco by playing both Beyonce and Journey. 2 stars. The female singer killed some songs that I just can't remember. Not the sexy vixen that's supposed to make up for not getting a sexy nanny enough in my opinion but it's supposed to be about voice, right fellas? Riiight.

To be honest, I didn't have to hear more than 8 bars to know that they would be the band to seal my fate - I mean, the band to accompany me accompanying Coco on the dance floor. All that kept racing through my mind was "How quickly can I speak to their rep and lock these guys to our date while the rest of the future-wives in attendance stare at their husbands-to-be thinking "If he (meaning me) has the same wedding date as us and gets this band, I will hold it against you FOREVER. F-O-R-E-V-E-R."" I wasn't the quickest but second in this case was good enough. In the immortal words of Nelson Muntz - "Ha Ha!"

Team Brefanie - 2, Sucker husbands-to-be - 0.

Go us.

No comments: