Monday, August 27, 2007

Random Thoughts of Weddingness

* With almost year to go, Coco and I are finalizing our plans for the Honeymoon. As much as I'm sold on hitting Thailand, I am having a hard time pulling the trigger on flying from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, from Chiang Mai to Koh Samui and finally from Koh Samui back to Bangkok in order to return to NYC. [Here's a map] Seems like a lot of flying, no? I haven't quite worked out the total time commitment needed but think it might eat into time at the actual destination. Perhaps we cut Bangkok short - I've seen plenty of dirty city in NYC.

* We've countdown past the 400 day mark and are QUICKLY (almost too quickly if you ask my man purse.) approaching the 365 day mark. Whoa. It will definitely be here sooner than we think.

* We're going to visit the Carlyle in a few weeks to check out the grounds for photos and lighting. Around the same time we'll partake in our discounted din-din at The Oak Room with Big A and Mrs. Big A. (Mom, have no fear, I want you to see and taste what the Carlyle has to offer the next time you're up in NY!)

* We just got back from a great trip to the Berkshires; we hit John Williams at Tanglewood on Saturday night for his film night tribute to the great British director, David Lean, creator of Lawrence of Arabia, The Bridge on the River Kwai, A Passage to India, and Doctor Zhivago. Here's the program.

Sunday was all about betting the the ponies at Saratoga. I know it wasn't for the Travers but it still was a great time! What a beautiful race track. (pix to follow shortly!) I'm still trying to figure out why I didn't bet our wedding savings on War Pass in the 3rd?? Big A said "pound it". You think I listened?? It was a losing day for me but here are the results in case you're interested - [here]

* We got a letter from Brad that says he hopes to be done with this war on or around July 4, 2008. Should I count on that given the state of things??

* Wedding Dress decisions are upon us (or Coco for that matter) and I'm sure tensions will rise. Her first venture out is in a week or two I think. My opinions vary and I've had my say, LOL, and think Coco will make the right choice. Big A and I will be passing the time at Shea as Los Mets take on the Phillies. Is it me or has the progress on Citifield exceeded your expectations?! Be sure to check out the time-lapse constructions web-cam on the right of the page.

* Not that I need another distraction but classes start up today for the fall term. Hear me now, but listen to me later, children - if you can afford to do it full-time - do it. 60+ credits across almost 4 years isn't as much fun as it's cracked up to be.

No comments: