Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Hotel Review & Locale Suggestion

You may recall this post where I ponder the logistics of hotels come wedding time. Well, it turns out that Aunt Kathy and Jeff (of the Great Barrington Construction Camp) stayed at the Garden City Hotel the night of the engagement party and gave it two thumbs up. How can they not - it's supposed to be one of the nicest hotels on Long Island. It's also only about 25 minutes from The Carlyle. See for yourself. I've never been there so I have absolutely no idea what's it's like but if Aunt says it's ok and Jeff can justify the expense then there must be some good value in it.

I'd like to append one piece of information to my recent post about the changes to The Carlyle website. In fact, this is a tip to all wedding venue websites - "Please include a list of suggested hotels that are near the event."

Is that too much to ask? I didn't think so.

No comments: