Monday, June 18, 2007

More Puzzle Pieces - Wedding Imagery

Slowly but surely, the pieces are coming together.

Tuesday we hope to go to contract with Duet. After searching high and low, I think they provide the best value for what they offer: 2 photographers, a videographer (not sure if there is an assistant or not), 10 hours of 'activity', an engagement session, 1 large album for us, 2 smaller albums for the parents, 600+ 4x6 prints select prints used to build the album, DVDs of all of the images, a video DVD, an option to purchase the raw footage (I think we'll do this) and either an 11x14 or 2 8x10s.

I'll be glad to get this out of the way and incorporate the overall hit to our schedule (aka wedding spreadsheet). I don't recall exactly what their payment expectations are but I think we only have to pay 20 or 25% upfront. Retaining the balance for almost a year is always good when interest is concerned. Behold! The power of compounding interest.

A day late, but Happy belated Father's Day to all of the dads and dads-to-be that read the blog. That goes for you to, mom - you were the only father figure I had growing up (besides Uncle Hank but he's a Yankee fan). It's a wonder I didn't end up batting for the other team. Not that that's a bad thing....just not my thing.

14 comments:

Foodie in Training said...

how great for me that you don't bat for the other team.

Anonymous said...

I once recall the groom to be, wearing a #1 dad shirt when we were like 14!! Classic stuff! Happy Father's Day Mac

The groom-to-be said...

I thought it was fine if "they" were in foreign countries?!?

Foodie in Training said...

um BFAM, please slow down there. we have some time before he's going to be a father. don't worry, i'm sure he'll blog about that too.

Embedded in Brooklyn said...

congrats!!!

The groom-to-be said...

congrats, huh? so brief?

Anonymous said...

i think he meant congrats on the kids!! :)

Embedded in Brooklyn said...

I did, I meant congrats for the kids! I was surprised to hear that you had some because... where would you hide them, but congrats nonetheless!

Anonymous said...

BFAM.. for some reason tgtb kept that #1 Dad shirt in his wardrobe through at least sophomore year of college; I remember it clearly. even money says its still in his closet today... iwaNYw, can you confirm?

The groom-to-be said...

damn, freshmen chickadees loved that shirt...but I digress. alas, [sniff], said attire is no longer with us. But for $2.99 I'm sure you can revel in its marvel at the Buffalo Salvation Army. It was actually birthed, I believe, in the Patchogue Salvation Army. Damn, Salvation Army was good to me.

Anonymous said...

well this calls for a road trip. a road trip, you say? and yes indeed, that shirt was birthed at the Patchogue Salvation Army if memory serves me correctly. Goodwill was a few stores down as well. What a great engagement gift this shirt would make...for the both!!

The groom-to-be said...

here, here!

Foodie in Training said...

BFAM and EP, please don't fuel his burning desire to be a father. Let's get through the wedding, business school, etc first, shall we? Thanks in advance for your cooperation. =)

The groom-to-be said...

yeah, yeah, yeah. In due time. I know that's the way things work. I'll just have to live vicariously through Seannie.