Monday, April 21, 2008

A Belated Hag Sameach!

A word of thanks to the Green side of the Adlerstein connection. The seder we shared with our hosts (Sharon & Steve) out in Fort Salonga was nothing short of d-e-l-i-s-h. Never before have I had homemade gefilte fish - much less the homemade horseradish that accompanied it. Special kudos for educating me on Slivovitz plum brandy. If you've never had it - you must. It takes kosher drinking to a whole new level. If only I could remember the actual vintner. Meeting new family is always fascinating. And for those that may not be aware, American Jews do the Hagadah a little bit, err, shorter than my Israeli nation.

1 comment:

High Heels & Frijoles said...

See, I came to check out your blog as well. This post caught my eye because, of course, it involves food. Please, explain exactly what gefilte fish tastes like and where I can try it...I used to see it in shops around Manhattan but was quite frankly TERRIFIED to try it.
xx