Monday, May 28, 2007

Back to Normal and..


With a small (& temporary!) reprieve from B school, I've promised to pick up on wedding goings-on so the few visitors that happen to make it to this blog during the minute/hour/day/week/month/year will have something to COMMENT on. My sincerest apologies about having nothing to COMMENT on. (Read: We like it when readers COMMENT. Lord knows one can never have enough COMMENTs. At least that what the advertisers say; "Groom-to-be, no COMMENTs = no traffic = no advertising revenue.")

Fresh from a relaxing Memorial Day weekend, we jump right back into picking a photo/videographer. Tuesday night we meet with Duet. I can't recall how I came upon them but I'd be lying if told you they looked like they could be the best value for what we are looking for....and by value I DON'T necessarily mean cheap. They are, however, VERY affordable. To their benefit they also have an inhouse videographer. Points for integration and coordination off the bat.

Not that it's really relevant but after poking around on their site I see that as of mid-March this year, they accept PayPal. Why not just accept Visa, MC or Amex?? I don't know the details of the benefits/cost savings involved of having a professional relationship with PayPal but I suspect it is attractive to some. I definitely see information security liability coming into play if they accepted CC info online. I know we did when I worked here.

What else...

Oh, yeah. The officiant. Progress will be made here in the next few weeks for sure. Things didn't work out with Coco's Uncle (Reverend Rick) performing the ceremony. He is Methodist minister that, understandably, just cannot perform a non-religious ceremony. Oh well for saving a few hundred or so. Minister Keith, if you're reading this, prepare to be contacted again!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unless you work for EBay, I don't think that you can have an actual "professional" relationship with anyone who accepts only PayPal. (Though I may be showing my Luddite tendencies here.) See if they will accept a paper bag filled with small denomination bills instead.

The groom-to-be said...

I concur. Now if Paypal were to match the miles that my Starwood Amex gets I might have an argument..

Jojo said...

Wow I wonder if Bmac wants us to comment....hehe love you guys